According to TOP-MEDICAL-SCHOOLS, on December 21, 2007, the Czech Republic joined the ranks of the Schengen countries.
To apply for a short-term tourist visa for up to 90 days, Russian citizens need the following documents:
To apply for a visa, you must pre-register (usually a week in advance, during periods of high demand for a visa for several weeks), the service is paid.
Visa application record:
Short stay visa – (495) 789-95-12 Long
stay visa – (495) 974-99-32
or multiple entries for up to 2 years and a stay of no more than 3 months in total (multiple entry visa).
Required documents for obtaining a short-term visa (for up to 90 days):
– Passport, the validity of which must exceed the validity of the visa by at least 90 days (original and photocopy of the data page).
– A copy of the title page and the registration page of the civil passport.
– Questionnaire filled out in accordance with the instruction in Latin capital letters, with 1 pasted photograph. The questionnaire can be obtained free of charge in all Czech embassies and consulates in red design (4 pages) or filled out on the Internet and printed on a black and white printer (5 pages – with a computer barcode).
– Medical insurance in the amount of at least 30 thousand euros.
The embassy, according to the law on the residence of foreigners in the territory of the Czech Republic, in some cases has the right to demand other documents:
a) a document on the financial support of the stay in the Czech Republic. When crossing the border, it is necessary to have financial means to meet personal needs. The minimum amount that you need to own when entering the Czech Republic is:
– 1010 CZK (possibly in EUR or other currency) for 1 day – for a trip of up to 30 days;
– 34340 CZK (possibly in EUR or other currency) for the entire stay – when traveling for more than 30 days.
Persons under the age of 18 must have, depending on the length of stay in the Czech Republic, half of the indicated amounts.
Financial security is confirmed when applying for a visa by presenting:
– cash, or
– bank statements confirming the balance of funds on the account and indicating the owner of the account (applicant), or
– an internationally recognized plastic credit card secured by a bank account for the required above amount, or
– a document confirming payment for services related to residence in the territory Czech Republic, or
– a document confirming that services related to living in the territory of the Czech Republic will be free.
b) a document confirming the provision of accommodation during the stay in the territory of the Czech Republic. For example, a travel voucher, an official hotel reservation, a request from the host for accommodation.
c) a document covering the expenses associated with leaving the territory of the Czech Republic. It can be a return ticket or a sum of money equal to the cost of a return ticket.
The required amount can be submitted:
– in cash, or
– a bank statement confirming the balance of funds on the account and indicating the owner of the account (applicant), or
– an internationally recognized plastic credit card, secured by a bank account for the required above amount.
If you have:
– an invitation from a Czech natural or legal person, certified by the Czech Police for Foreigners, or
– a valid tourist voucher
, the documents specified in p. a), b), c), it is not required to present.
Pensioners must add a copy of the pension certificate to these documents.
Customs rules provide for free import of 200 cigarettes, 1 liter of spirits, 2 liters of wine, 50 ml of perfume or 250 ml of eau de toilette, medicines – unlimited. Souvenirs and gifts can be imported for a total amount of 3000 kroons, provided that they are not used commercially. It is allowed to export goods in unlimited quantities, if they are not cultural monuments.
Free import and export of foreign and national currency is allowed. An amount exceeding 10,000 USD must be declared. Unused Czech currency can be converted into the original currency upon leaving the country by presenting a receipt of the original exchange.
Czech Republic, Embassy website: http://www.mzv.cz/wwwo/default.asp?idj=41&amb=54