Party in Greece
If you don’t just want to lie on the beach and fill your stomach with delicious food, but also want to turn night into day every now and then, you’ve come to the right place with the Greeks. To party in Greece, all you have to do is go to the right place. The first thing that most people think of is the island of Mykonos. Here you can celebrate in many places in the wonderful backdrop of the Cycladic architecture and meet like-minded people in bars and clubs. The party island of Ios is particularly popular with the younger generation. There are not only lots of party hotspots here, but also good prices for accommodation, so that the party crowd can afford one or two more cocktails. If you are on vacation in Crete, it is Chersonnisos the top address for unforgettable parties. But not only the islands, you can also indulge in the parties in Athens or Thessaloniki on the mainland.
Activities in Greece
Lying around on the picturesque beaches and enjoying life. Relax to the depths and think about nothing. That is one side of a vacation in Greece. But there is another one, because you can be wonderfully active in Greece. With different activities you get to know the country and the people in a special way. The perfect counterpart to sunbathing is hiking. Massive mountain ranges and impressive gorges give you an unforgettable hiking experience. If water is more your element than air at dizzying heights, you will also find a suitable activity here. How about diving or surfing? Greece has a wonderful underwater world. Especially the Greek islands like Kos, Naxos, Mykonos and Lefkas are an Eldorado for divers and those who want to learn it! Windsurfers, surfers and kite surfers also get their money’s worth in Greece. Although the surf spots are not comparable to the big ones in the world, you can still have a lot of fun on the board here. For example, advanced and beginners will find great conditions for surfing on Rhodes, Kos and Naxos. You see: Greece is not just for sun-seekers, but also for vacationers who long for a little action on vacation.
Hotels and accommodation in Greece
Accommodation is available in almost every place in Greece. There are regions in which there are predominantly luxury hotels with that certain something. There are also regions, cities and islands where holidaymakers with a small budget are right. One thing is clear: in Greece there are hotels and other accommodations such as holiday apartments and holiday homes for every budget and taste. I took a closer look at some of the accommodations and hotels in Greece and can tell you: they are beautiful and worth at least one night. Take a look at which hotels Greece has to offer or go to my hotel search just start looking for the perfect accommodation in Greece yourself.
Holidays in Greece 2019
The number, type and reason of public holidays in Greece are similar to those in Austria. The Greek public holidays apply to the entire country and thus to the Greek mainland and the Greek islands. The following applies on public holidays in Greece: public institutions are closed on these days. Shops and stores handle opening times differently on Greek public holidays. They are closed all day or only open in the afternoon. On non-public holidays, the shops and public facilities are usually open as normal. Below you will find the dates of the public holidays in Greece for 2019.
Holidays in Greece in 2019:
- Tue, 01/01/2019: New Year
- Sun, January 6th, 2019: Three Kings
- Mon, 03/11/2019: Shrove Monday Orthodox (start of Lent)
- Mon, March 25th, 2019: Greek Independence Day
- Fri, April 26th, 2019: Good Friday Orthodox
- Mon, 04/29/2019: Easter Monday Orthodox
- Wed, May 1st, 2019: Labor Day
- Mon, June 17th, 2019: Whit Monday Orthodox
- Thu, 08/15/2019: Assumption of Mary
- Mon, October 28, 2019: Ochi-Day (national holiday)
- Wed, December 25th, 2019: Christmas Day
- Thu, December 26th, 2019: Christmas Day
Events in Greece 2019
Easter and Carnival are among the festive highlights in Greece. But Greek wine and sardines are also used as an occasion for festivals and celebrations. There are also festivals with a musical focus as well as exhibitions with ancient treasures and various art objects. There are also weekly markets with food, Greek handicrafts and textiles of all kinds in Greece every day. I have selected the best and most interesting events in Greece for 2019 for you.
- large carnival parades: Rhodes, Athens, Patras, Kalamata, Messene
- National holiday parades: March 25th, 2019, in all island cities
- Rose Monday: 11.03.2019, parades, kite flying, picnic
- various processions on Good Friday: April 26th, 2019, in many cities and villages on the mainland and the islands
- Fireworks on Easter Saturday: April 27th, 2019, in many cities and villages
- Athens Festival: June to August 2019, Athens and Epidaurus
- Kassandra Festival: late June-late August, Siviri on Kassandra
- Wine festivals: Dafni, Alexandroupolis, Rethymnon, Nemea
- Sardine Festival: 1st weekend in August, Preveza
- Sardine Festival, Skala Kallonis on Lesbos
- Feast of Our Lady: August 14-23, 2019, Rhodes
- Parish fair: September 2nd – 5th, 2019, Chalkidiki
- International marathon, between Athens and Marathon